When you load families into a project, the Revit family library is accessed by default.
The library is located here: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Autodesk\RVT 2022\Libraries
If your office is using a different library of content in another location, your system may access that library by default. Contact your CAD Manager for more information.
Note: Content is not installed during application installation. Download and install content from the Content Download Page
To load families:
- Click Insert tabLoad from Library panel (Load Family).
- In the Load Family dialog, double-click the category of the family that you want to load.
- Preview any of the families (RFA) in the category:
- To preview a single family, select it from the list.At the top right of the dialog, under Preview, a thumbnail image of the family displays.
- To display a thumbnail image in the list for all families in the category, at the top right corner of the dialog, click ViewsThumbnails.
- Select the family that you want to load, and click Open.The family type is now available to place in the project. It displays in the appropriate category under Families in the Project Browser.